WILDLIFE CRIME CONTROL BUREAU
- It is a statutory multi-disciplinary bodyestablished by the Government of India under the MoEFCC, to combat organized wildlife crime in the country.
- Under Section 38 (Z) of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972,it is mandated:
- To collect and collate intelligence related to organized wildlife crime activities.
- To disseminate the same to State and other enforcement agencies for immediate action so as to apprehend the criminals.
- To establish a centralized wildlife crime data bank.